Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new osc version 0.116
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:58:09 -0300
On Friday 17 April 2009 04:01:24 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 20:53:12 schrieb James Oakley:
On Thursday 16 April 2009 05:20:27 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Create a new source link with the new --current argument:

# osc linkpac --current openSUSE:Factory osc openSUSE:Tools

This means that osc checks now what is the current revision in Factory
and refers to exactly this version (you see a rev="X" attribute in the
_link file). The effect is that a change in openSUSE:Factory has no
effect in openSUSE:Tools.

Oooh. I really like this. What would be even cooler is if you could do
this to an entire project to create a snapshot that you could build
against.

I just tried it with "for pkg in `osc ls $project` ; do osc linkpac
--current $project $pkg $project:snapshot; done' but it takes a long time
for a project with many packages.

Yes, I thought also about to support this directly with osc. But it will
not run much faster than with your for script.

Yeah, the functionality would have to be implemented in the source server so
that there would be one remote call, instead of one per package.

I'll take a look at the code and make an attempt.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx