[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-factory] HPLIP version
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:51:20 +0200
Hi,

Raymond Wooninck schrieb:
On 03/04/09 11:52, Johannes Meixner wrote:
Additionally - as mentioned above - I think that this way
we get the newest HPLIP very much more tested when it
can be used by our normal users in openSUSE 11.0 and 11.1
so that it helps both our normal users and us.

The question only is where to announce that there is a newer build for
hplip ? I will definitely place a message on the factory mailing list,
but I assume that users of the previous openSUSE versions will not read
this mailing list

People can still find it with http://software.opensuse.org/search.

But for some people a home project is a bit too much "risk" to install
software from.
Once someone (preferably Johannes) has reviewed your package I would
propose to add hplip to the "Printing" top-level project in the
buildservice probably.
I have to say that I don't know the real status of this project as
cups-drivers for example is not building for 11.1 there :-(
Given that this is a top level project it should be "basically"
supported and if it's not it should go away or move to some
non-prominent place. But that's just a sidenote.
Probably there is another non-home project where hplip would fit?

Wolfgang