Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build deb packages
  • From: Piotr Pokora <piotrek.pokora@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:15:08 +0200
Richard Bos writes:

Hi!

Op woensdag 01 april 2009 23:27:29 schreef Richard Bos:
In the meantime I have successfully build a deb package

But only for older Deb based releases. For the newer ones I get the
following
error: "unrecognized file for a v1.0 source package"

That's why I mentioned tar.gz file few days ago :)

Which seems to be known one, it was reported 2 months ago:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2009-01/msg00067.html
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2009-01/msg00070.html

Would it be possible to adapt the Debtransformer and have tar.bz2 files be
repackaged into tar.gz files? For rpms bz2 is required,

tar.gz also works fine for rpms.
At least, we have such in spec file:

Source: PKGNAME-%{version}.tar.gz

Piotras