Re: [opensuse-buildservice] History of _link'ed projects?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:58:14 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009 14:02:28 schrieb Lars Marowsky-Bree:
Hi,

I wanted to generate the changes of project which links to another.

But iterate through the history with osc -r fails; it generates only the
diff. -e doesn't work in combination with -r.

It seems the link is not generated against a specific version of the
source project, and so that information is not archived, and osc
doesn't know which version of the source project to retrieve.

you can specify the revision where you link to. But usually you want a
"following" link always to the latest version.

That strikes me as rather bad, because it means bi-secting for _link
projects essentially doesn't work at all right now.

Would it not be acceptable if osc -r -e expanded the link against the
version of the source project which was current at that time? (After
all, that's what it would have build against.)

it is thinkable to find this out via the commit times (if no revision is
specified in the _link file)

Of course, this would miss rebuilds/changes which were triggered because
of changes in the source project, as there's no combined history. Any
idea how to solve this?

Would it be enough for your usecase already when we add an option to "osc
linkpac" to store the current version in the _link file ?

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH