[opensuse-buildservice] How to associate an extention with an executable via package?
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:07:38 +0100
Hi,

I have a package that provides an executable (/usr/bin/ib) for data files with
the extension .ibv. How can I associate the executable /usr/bin/ib with the
extension (.ibv) via package? Should I install a mimetype file in the
directory /usr/share/mime? If yes, what should the file contain? If I look
at e.g. /usr/share/mime/application/x-zoo.xml it does not really seem to link
an extension with an executable.

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this topic.

--
Tia,

Richard