Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Where can I find the keys for a project?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:59:10 +0100
On 2009-03-18T07:33:28, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
IMHO, not really, the key should be uploaded to a public keyserver by
the OBS.. unfortunately that seems not currently implemented.

By intention, because I think it would be bad to flood the key servers,
no ?

Since the key is autogenerated anyway and apparently "untrusted" and
unencrypted, is there any specific reason why each project has its own
key, instead of just one per buildservice instance?

Because each projcet has different people with write access.

You do not trust necesserally the KDE:* or even all home:* people when you
have accepted the trust of the Kernel: people.

But all the different keys should be signed by a global build service key. But
that just tells you that it comes from our build.o.o instance.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH