[opensuse-buildservice] problems with OBS 1.5rc2 after upgrading host to openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:16:20 -0500
I had a number of problems after upgrading an OBS instance from
openSUSE 11.0 to 11.1
The client remains running openSUSE 11.1, as it has for months. The
osc version on the client has not changed and is the latest available.

The first is that adding a *comment* via osc did not work.
I could add and remove files (PUT/DELETE respectively), but the
subsequent POST would not, returning a 403.

I tracked it down to this code, in
/srv/www/obs/frontend/app/controllers/source_controller.rb, near line
139:

if not ['diff', 'branch'].include?(cmd) and not
@http_user.can_modify_package?(pkg)

I believe two things are wrong with this line. First, it does not
include 'commit'. Second, the logic is wrong (it used AND instead of
OR), and the corrected version is below.

if not ['diff', 'branch', 'commit'].include?(cmd) or not
@http_user.can_modify_package?(pkg)

Why did this work fine with openSUSE 11.0 and not 11.1? The OBS
versions are the same (1.5rc2)!

Second problem: only for the 'Admin' user, editing the user info
(/user/edit) fails every time with:

undefined method `source_backend' for #<Person:0x7fac0a31a048>

What might be going on here?

--
Jon