Re: [opensuse-buildservice] --prefer-pkgs and requires and provides
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 00:41:18 +0100
On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 06:27:01PM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
are there any plans to take the provides and requires of the preferred
packages in account?

As Luke says, plans yes - Marcus has given this a new stab lately. I
actually think it is a highly useful feature, maybe we underrated it in
the passed two years where we didn't tackle it.

I regularly run into it myself, last time yesterday when I was trying to
build a current libzypp because I needed to test it --

The local building is important for me because I needed to get full rebuilds
in a predictable time. It is especially important for factory where the
normal build might be blocked several days.

-- because in Factory, *anything* needs days to turn up. No way to get
packages there. I waited for a different project to complete build
either, but it didn't complete during the whole day :-(

And with a local build I didn't have success either...

Peter
--
Contact: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx (a.k.a. ftpadmin@xxxxxxxx)
#opensuse-mirrors on freenode.net