[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] RFC: openSUSE:Dropped project
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 14:25:37 +0100
Le mercredi 04 mars 2009, à 13:06 +0100, Lars Vogdt a écrit :
Hi there

Following the "Package foo needs new maintainer" resp. "Drop request for
package foo" mails on opensuse-packaging for a while. Community members
already asked for more details when a package is dropped from Factory.

So what about creating an "openSUSE:Dropped" project, where people can
find the latest source of a dropped package - and at least can get an
overview about currently dropped packages?

FWIW, for the GNOME team, I try to keep dropped packages available in
projects like home:vuntz:Attic_11.0, home:vuntz:Attic_11.1, etc. Build
is disabled there but at least it makes it easy for someone to take the
package back if he wants.

So I think your idea makes at least some sense :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.