Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Renaming a project
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:28:29 -0500
tried that, I lose all the revisions when I copy. I need to keep those.

Anas

On 2009-02-20 12:42:40 -0500, Anas Nashif wrote:
Is there a simple way to rename a project? If not, can it somehow be done in the database directly and on the file system?

At the moment there's no apicall which renames a project. As a workaround you
could do the following:
- create a new project
- and then do
for i in $(osc ls <oldproject>); do
osc copypac <oldproject> "$i" <newproject>
done
And afterwards if everything was successful you can run
"osc deleteprj <oldproject>" (if you're really sure that you want to delete
everything you should use the --force switch).

Marcus