[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-factory] Call for Contribution: RPMLint Site
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 22:53:28 +0100
On Sonntag 01 Februar 2009 22:07:05 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Sascha 'saigkill' Manns escribió:
RPMLINT gives me any Errors or

warnings. But these things to fix, are very difficult.

Actually, it is quite the opposite, most rpmlint warnings are very
simple to fix,
^^^^^^^^ *smile*

but I understand that new packagers may have a hard
time with the lack of "real" formal documentation..
Yes it is so.

From my side, i can
say, that it's not good to make rpmlint as standard in OBS
it is good, because it provides a "first line of defense" to users,
so they avoid getting broken packages.
Oh. This sentence was from my old mail. Now (a few weeks ago) i'm
understanding the importance of the rpmlint and the other checks.

Just wondering.. what error message or warning you fail to understand
?
Actually my Knowledge was growed up (thanks to Petr). But in the
Guidelines as we had acknowleged, the Princip is, that we would like to
be (or develop) the easyest and best Distribution. And i think we must
simplify:
* the Graphic System (for the Endusers)
* the development.
Simplifying the development and packaging Process is if we all share our
Knowledge to the whole Community. (My Joy minimized if i every time must
ask for an Explainig RPMLint Error or Warning.) The Wiki (Forums,
Mailnglists and Bugzilla) was a strategic important and a very good
Sign. If we all share our Knowledge, and freeze it in the wiki, every
Community Member can recieve the Informatrions. So we save time, brain,
and the Nerves. Two Persons must not ask the same Question in different
(or same) Medium.
Short Version: If we invest regularly our time, to write or edit
Wikipages, we can share our Informations. If the Information is fixed,
we can access the Information through the Wiki-Serarch Field. That
minimize the Forum and Mailingliststraffic.

Proposal for TODO-List
To updated Wikisites:
*RPMLint

--