Re: [opensuse-buildservice] solved: debian project, expansion error, have choice?
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:56:49 -0600

I have found a purely debian build system solution to this problem:

Added the virtual package g++ to the Build-Depends: in control
(and therefore also in the .dsc file).
This virtual package has reasonable dependancies for gcc, libstdc++
for c++ programs. This is a purely debian solution that does not
depend on the features of opensuse-buildservice. The g++ dependacy
probably should been in there from the beginning.

I still think that someday someone will want to vary their .dsc files
depending on distro, and it should be documented how to do this.

I also found out that contrary to the impression given by
Build Service/Deb builds = http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds
you do not have to create a bunch of debian.xxx files to
do a debian build. Instead, the standard debian source repository files
consisting of:
1) a .dsc file
2) .orig.tar.gz file
3) .diff.gz

will work fine. These can be created and maintained by the regular
debian source utilities (=dpkg-source and uupdate). Since I must
create these anyway for non opensuse-buildservice reasons, this is the
way to go for me. See the peless project for an example of this.

I wish opensuse-buildservice would publish a source repository
in standard debian fashion.