Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debian project, expansion error, have choice?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:57:58 +0100
Paul Elliott napsal(a):
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 03:29:41PM +0100, Michal Marek wrote:
Paul Elliott napsal(a):
I could only find reference to "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines in some
LinuxTag presentations. How do they work and how do you create them?
Could we have some more documentation on them?

What are some examples of "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines.
Build Service documentation could see some improvement, yes, but if you
already know the keywords, this is searchable easily:
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Search?search=prefer+ignore - 4th hit.

This is the Build Service/Tips and tricks page.
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks
Yes the section "How is a buildenvironment defined?" says that these
lines are defined in a file called
"/usr/lib/build/configs/$distro.conf".

But it does not tell Joe Six-Pack developer how to access and modify
this file as used by his project.

Ah, right, this piece is indeed missing. You can define custom rules for
your project using

$ osc meta prjconf <project> -e

Once you've figured out the right Prefer: line for Debian, share it, so
that it can be added to the default config for debian. Also you can
mention the osc command on the wiki page ;).

Michal