Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debian project, expansion error, have choice?
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:00:28 -0600
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:12:40PM -0600, Paul Elliott wrote:

Could I solve this problem using "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines
at the project level?

I could only find reference to "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines in some
LinuxTag presentations. How do they work and how do you create them?
Could we have some more documentation on them?

What are some examples of "Prefer:" or "Ignore:" lines.

Also on dealing with ambiguities in an Debian project?

I would prefer not make modifications to my .dsc file that are
not needed in a Debian build in the wild. (i.e. a non build service build).

peless gets a have choice expansion error for Debian_Etch:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=peless&project=home%3Apelliott11

have choice for libstdc++-dev needed by libboost-dev:
libstdc++2.10-dev libstdc++6-4.1-dev libstdc++6-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev,
have choice for libstdc++-dev needed by libsigc++-2.0-dev:
libstdc++2.10-dev libstdc++6-4.1-dev libstdc++6-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev

The previous version built without problem on the system used by the
debian people even though a similar ambigutiy exists:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/peless

How are such ambiguities dealt with in the build service?
Is it the Build-Depends: line? If so does the one in the .dsc
file or the one in the debian.control file the one that is
operative?

Is there any other way to tell it to which version to use?

Is it possible to have "different .dsc files and debian.control
for different system similarly to the way that one can have
different .spec files for different systems? i.e.
"foo-Fedora_Extras_4.spec" for rpm based systems so
"foo-Debian_Etch.dsc" or "debian-Debian_Etch.control" for
debian?

Thank You for answering my questions.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096