Re: [opensuse-buildservice] 1.5 RC 2 release
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:53:36 -0600
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After updating to the newly-available RC2 packages, I have found some
problems.

1. the init script for obsworker was disabled
2. I have some packages stuck in 'finished' state that won't leave,
and forcibly rebuilding them appears to do nothing - they do not
rebuild.

Aha. I've found the cause for no. 2 - the /etc/sysconfig/obs-server
file did not get updated with the new packages. Is there a way to
merge the /var/adm/fillup-templates/sysconfig.obs-worker file with the
one in /etc/sysconfig/obx-worker? The file *I* had did not have any of
the architecture stuff, and so no x86_64 work was being done. I have
corrected this and things are working now. However, should updating
the /etc/sysconfig files be automated?

I now have a series of questions which all revolve around the same
issue: projects.

If I log in as Admin and I List All Projects, I see a few that are problematic:

deleted
openSUSE:11.1
openSUSE:openSUSE-11.0
openSUSE:openSUSE-11.1

If I try to open up any of them, I get a 404 error.
The openSUSE* projects were probably from my attempts at adding
projects which failed.

First question: how do I remove dead projects from the list?
Second question: how do I add new projects assuming I have already
filled out /srv/obs/build/ with the right hierarchy and set of RPMs?

Before 1.5 is released, will the documentation be updated/fleshed out any?

--
Jon