[opensuse-buildservice] How to use %debug_package
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:21:42 +0100
Hi!

Trying to be prepare some packages for contrib I stumbeled upon the problem of
stripping the package of its debug information. Now I learned that install-
strip is not the way to go, as it will make it impossible to debug the
application, and I should use %debug_packges, as that will create a "-debug"
package with the stripped information.

Having added a line "%debug_package" to the spec-file now gives me a strip
package without using install-strip. It won't give me a "-debug"-package so,
caused by the following problem printed by osc-out.

Preparing packages for installation...

vorbisgain-debuginfo-0.34-8

vorbisgain-debugsource-0.34-8

vorbisgain-0.34-8

... running 01-check-debuginfo

... testing for empty debuginfo packages

!

! vorbisgain-debugsource-0.34-8.x86_64.rpm: no debug sources, deleting
package
! vorbisgain-debuginfo-0.34-8.x86_64.rpm: WARNING: this probably means the
debug information is invalid
!

To me this looks that I am missing some information that I should have handed
to the %debug_package macro. Sadly my googling (actually ixquick) skills could
not provide me with any documentation on this macro. Did anybody master this
macro and could give me a hint on what I am doing wrong, or which information
is required to understand my problem?

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
< Previous Next >