[opensuse-buildservice] Is it possible to edit a debian source package w/o using a debian system?
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:19:27 -0600

Is it possible to do the following w/o using a debian system, that is on
my opensuse development system:

1)Take an existing debian source package consisting of
a)a pristine tarbal in .bz2 format
b)a diff file
c)a dsc file
The above are known to build on debian development system.
2)Edit the source package with out a debian sytem, doing:
a)slapping on a upgraded pristine tarbal, (new upstream source)
b)edit the configure line in the rules file

3)Sending the resulting new debian source package to opensuse-buildservice to be
built?

Is this possible, or do I have to install a debian/ubuntu
system to edit the debian source package?

If it is possible, what are the steps of the procedure?

Thank You.

By the way, about a year and 1/2 ago I tried to build a ubuntu package
using opensuse-buildservice, but it failed because the package had
dependancies in the Universe, that opensuse-buildservice did not
support the universe. Is this still a problem? Is there a workaround?

Supporting the Universe sounds tiring
. Even Atlas only tried to support the
world. :-)

--