Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Attending your call for Contributors
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:49:56 +0100
On Samstag 17 Januar 2009 15:51:42 Gabriel Fróes Franco wrote:
Hello @all,

My name is Gabriel Franco and I currently help on the marketing list with
Portuguese translations. I read today the call for contributors and I'm
really interested, I was looking for a way to help openSUSE project with
some kind of development and I think this is a good opportunity to get some
mentoring and put my skills to work for openSUSE.

So who wants to show me around?

I have web development experience with Java, PHP, Ajax so I think learning
Ruby on Rails might not be bad.

Please try to get a local web client working first. This is described here:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2008/05/07/easy-obs-web-client-development/

If you have problems, please come to #opensuse-buildservice IRC channel. It is
IMHO the best way to get fast answers.

bye
adrian