Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 1.5 Release Candidate
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:10:20 +0100
I am managaging the Development and Testing OBS package projects
openSUSE:Tools:Devel and openSUSE:Tools:Unstable

Jon Nelson wrote:
Susanne branched also the 1.5 tree last week in svn. This means development
in
trunk is open again, but important fixes should get backported. Please drop
me
a mail in addition, if you think they are important for the 1.5 Final release
in January next year.

I'm curious if we will be getting another RC before the "Final"
release of 1.5 due this month, and also where the schedule for that
is.

I'm personally having one heck of a time creating new build projects.
Is there any interest in the change I've had to make to the currently
available 1.5 in order to make it work for me on openSUSE 11.0 ?

I don't have exact details at this time but I know I've had to change
the following files:

/srv/www/obs/frontend/script/import

What does that one do?
/srv/www/obs/webclient/app/views/project/add_target_simple.rhtml

This one is usually modified for personal preferences for sure.

Lastly, I see 1.6.X is available. What is the difference between
"Unstable" and "Devel"
Devel is the very newest buid snapshots of packages from upstream, from
Factory linked or other very new sources. Even these packages got some
first testing.
Unstable is also the same, but has got some testing. Also, if possible,
3rd party linked packages are not from Factory but from new but frozen
sources.

In practise, I put the packages once they are tested in Devel to
Unstable to mark them as "tested, has no showstoppers". So Devel is so
to say the integration and first step testing are.

OBS 1.6 is the next release. Since i build from svn trunk, I call the
versions 1.6 to differ it from the current or next to be released version.