Re: [opensuse-buildservice] local obs, 'unable to walk on path'
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:46:26 +0100
On 1/15/2009 at 3:41 PM, "Kevin James" <kjames@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 15:12 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 1/15/2009 at 3:00 PM, "Kevin James" <kjames@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OpenSUSE Webclient Error:
Error Details:
Errorcode: package_save_error
Message: error saving project: unable to walk on path
'openSUSE.org:openSUSE:11.0/standard'

openSUSE.org: seems to try to reference to the live OBS for remote
inclusion.
Did you create a openSUSE.org project?

osc meta prj openSUSE.org gives this output on my OBS instance:

====
<project name="openSUSE.org">
<title>Short title of NewProject</title>
<description>This project aims at providing some foo and bar.

It also does some weird stuff.
</description>
<remoteurl>https://api.opensuse.org/public</remoteurl>
<person role="maintainer" userid="me"/>
<person role="bugowner" userid="me"/>
<build>
<disable/>
</build>
<publish>
<disable/>
</publish>
</project>
====

maybe this gives you a pointer?

Dominique

´╗┐Thanks Dominique.

No, I didn't create an openSUSE.org project - that wasn't specified in
the instructions I followed. Should I create such a project, then move
my repositories under there? I'll look at doing that now.

Cheers,
KEv.

Kevin,

I think there are different solutions:
- You create a openSUSE.org project (as base project, where your projects will
build agains). You can use the meta from above.
- You create your own base projects (to build against) and you import the
Distribution into obs (the :full folders).

Depending on use case, one or the other might be more interesting for you.

If you want to have the 'assited' way of setting up build targets, then OBS
Apparently expects you in latest versions to have a remote-url style
project (option 1)

Dominique