Re: [opensuse-buildservice] new build hosts and instances
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:31:27 +0100
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Hello,

I have upgraded all build hosts to openSUSE 11.1 based systems now and seems
to work quite well so far.

What does that mean ?

* The kernel, running during a build is now the XEN kernel from openSUSE 11.1
( it was the XEN kernel from SLES 10 SP 2 before ).

* loop devices exist in build instances, this allow kiwi system image building
, if it is permitted for a project.

* Mandriva 2009 builds should work now much better, since their glibc was
broken together with the older kernel.

Please report if you see unexpected changes.

As a small side effect, we have 32 more build instances due to the new build
hosts build24 and build25 :)

happy weekend
adrian

This is really cool.

And also needed for later, if we want to introduce the ARM targets. I
could never get the newer QEMU versions compiling on SLES 10, that are
needed for the ARM support.

Martin