Re: [opensuse-buildservice] kiwi-inside-obs - open issues !
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:39:04 +0100
Am Wednesday 07 January 2009 13:25:37 schrieben Sie:
On Mittwoch 17 Dezember 2008 17:28:14 Jan-Simon Möller wrote:
Hi all!

I have a modified version of obs (r5507) working with kiwi imaging inside
obs. Today I updated to svn trunk. Now i see these errors:

- imaging (kiwi-image)
expansion errors:
nothing provides kiwi-filesystem:ext2
nothing provides kiwi-packagemanager:zypper

ok - what about a naming which makes this clear ? e.g.
substitute-me-kiwi-filesystem ?

So I should do
Substitute: kiwi-filesystem:ext2 e2fsprogs ??

IIRC _no_ packages provide this dependencies and this is _not_ transparent
for imaging of different distros. Whats the plan here ?

The current plan is that you need to define it as Substitute in your project
config.

The reason behind this is to support it for the different distros, you can
make different definitions for the base distros. And that without touching
kiwi or OBS code.
But i still need to have the kiwi stack build _inside_ that different distro.
Right ?
Let me make an example: I've created a mini-distro without zypper and kiwi.
Before the move "inside" obs using the host's kiwi, it was no problem, as
zypper an kiwi were provided.
Now i've to build zypper and kiwi for the mini-distro to get it work.

If we'd make that independent it would also be easier to roll updates to kiwi
for imaging, as kiwi has its
own environment.
This is especially true if we want to image non-x86 architectures with kiwi !

Could someone please also give some feedback on:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment/Preinclude

Best regards,
Jan-Simon