Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Packages with same source
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <adamtaunowilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:39:29 -0500
On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 20:09 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag 17 November 2008 19:57:35 Andrea Florio wrote:
Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
In my project I have multiple packages that build from the same
source
(tar.gz) file. Is there a way to reference the source file in
another
subproject?
I don't want to import/upload a big tar.gz twice.
i workarounded it creating a package project with only source, and
linking any real package project with it...
example:
home:anubisg1:testsource <--- only sources here
home:anubisg1:testcore <--- link with home:anubisg1:testsource and
spec file and patch added
home:anubisg1:testplugin <--- link with home:anubisg1:testsource and
spec file and patch added
Yes, this is an option, you can also do
your:project/packageA
with the tar ball and multiple spec files inside. "packageA.spec" will
be used when building the package. You can add "packageB.spec" at the
same place and just create a source link named "packageB" pointing to
it.

So to create a package called ngobjweb inside server:OpenGroupware that
uses the source found in in the package SOPE I'd do a:

osc linkpac server:OpenGroupware SOPE server:OpenGroupware ngobjweb

That creates the ngobjweb project in the repository (that worked, osc
update made the ngobjweb project appear). But building the spec file in
ngobjweb which references sope.tar.gz (found in
server:OpenGroupware:SOPE) doesn't seem to work.

<quote>
+ exec rpmbuild -ba --eval '%define _srcdefattr
(-,root,root)' /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/ngobjweb.spec
error: File /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/sope.tar.gz: No such file or
directory
</quote>

So you have all spec files and sources in one place. You just enable
the build of the other spec file by creating the source link.