[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-project] project dependencies
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:03:03 +0100
Administrator <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Can I suggest that projects have explicitly, as part of their
definition, the projects on which they depend / are built. That
would allow the package dependency trees to start with a repo
dependency tree. I have had different problems where two projects
included new (and incompatible) versions of a package in the base
system. There were no warning about the impending breakage, and it
took a lot of work to unwind.

You don't mean osc meta prj openSUSE:Tools do you?

What I'd like to see is

- an error message if you disable a repo that's needed by another
project, --force overridable

- a tool that takes generates a graph of repo dependencies and
package dependencies, usable with tools like cytoscape
http://www.cytoscape.org

so you can browse package and repo dependencies

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5