Re: [opensuse-contrib] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:10:14 +0100
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:01:30PM +0100, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
On po 8. prosince 2008, James Oakley wrote:
Problem: There is work to be done
Solution: Someone needs to work on it

Apparently no one has any real interest in doing it. Otherwise someone
would step up.

I've submitted a couple of packages, but I was still under the impression
that the whole thing was not yet fully formalised. I have a bunch of
packages waiting for submission.

I'm not entirely clear on what's left to do. Is there a problem with the
current workflow, or should I just start submitting the packages?

According to the wiki page, the only open issues are security fixes and
updates. Marcus, could you please look at

http://en.opensuse.org/Contrib
and
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2008-11/msg00410.html

and comment on it?

First, you should perhaps just start doing stuff there and see how it works
out....

Second,
How long do you want this to live, and for what products?

Do you want to freeze the code for a specific release?

If say you want 11.1 and FACTORY supported, then you need subprojects for
the 11.1 and FACTORY and can then apply backported security fixes / bugfixes to
11.1
and new versions to the FACTORY sub-project.

If you just want to run parallel to FACTORY, then just update versions
as they come, and there is no need to maintenance and security (since you
do not exist for old products).

Ciao, Marcus