Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE:Factory & 11.1 repos - meta data primary.xml
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:23:29 +0100
On Samstag 06 Dezember 2008 01:48:41 Martin Mohring wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to try out openSUSE:Factory and openSUSE:11.1 in OBS with the
new OBS 1.5 Download on Demand feature. So I am searching for the meta
data in these repos, namely primary.xml. Where did they go?

We do not generate them atm, since createrepo needs more than 9GB memory to
create it. Since this got not fixed, we did not enable the rpm-md generation
since it causes significant load on our servers.

(and it seems that there is no real request for rpm-md format anymore, people
seem to stick with zypper/yast. Which is good because the rpm-md clients
usually are unable to handle multi architecture repos in a save way.)

bye
adrian