Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Using keyring for storing passwords
  • From: Michal Čihař <michal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 13:15:54 +0100
Hi

Dne Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:54:03 +0100
Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx> napsal(a):

First thanks for your patch but I'm a bit hesitant to add a gnome dependency
to osc (although it's optional). What about if we simply store the password
base64 encoded in the ~/.oscrc file? Wouldn't this be sufficient?

Do you seriously mean base64 as improvement to security?

What is wrong on optional dependency? If python-gnomekeyring is not
found or is not working, osc still behaves same as without patch. Maybe
there could be also configuration option to disable usage of keyring...