Re: [opensuse-buildservice] cpio fails to build, why?
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:16:08 +0000
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:10:26 +0100, Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

The problem might be that rpmlint needs cpio to unpack the rpms
(rpm2cpio ... | cpio -id). And there is no cpio package when building
cpio itself ;-). Try adding

Keep: cpio

to the project config (osc meta prjconf <your project> -e). See
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#How_is_a_buildenvironment_defined.3F

When using that line alone, nothing happened. Maybe I was defaulting
to the openSUSE:11.0 config, and my one line config overrode that? In
any case, I copied the openSUSE:11.0 config and used it in my project,
added the line you suggest, and now cpio does build. Thanks for that.

When I get bootstrapped with base packages, I want to delete my repo
reference to openSUSE:11.0, so my own repo becomes self sufficient.
That didn't work before either. Maybe using my own project config
will fix that too. I hope so. For anyone trying to bootstrap their
own distro, the docs leave many questions unanswered.

The OBS system, and especially the web interface, is very slow. Too
much scripting probably. Why people try to build large scale systems
from scripting goop like Ruby and Python, is a mystery to me.

I had two packages in showing finished status for at least 30 minutes
before they succeeded. That's annoying.

--
Webmail for Dialup Users
http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html