Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Packages with same source
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:09:23 +0100
On Montag 17 November 2008 19:57:35 Andrea Florio wrote:
Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
In my project I have multiple packages that build from the same source
(tar.gz) file. Is there a way to reference the source file in another
subproject?

I don't want to import/upload a big tar.gz twice.

i workarounded it creating a package project with only source, and
linking any real package project with it...

example:

home:anubisg1:testsource <--- only sources here

home:anubisg1:testcore <--- link with home:anubisg1:testsource and
spec file and patch added

home:anubisg1:testplugin <--- link with home:anubisg1:testsource and
spec file and patch added

Yes, this is an option, you can also do

your:project/packageA

with the tar ball and multiple spec files inside. "packageA.spec" will be used
when building the package. You can add "packageB.spec" at the same place and
just create a source link named "packageB" pointing to it.

So you have all spec files and sources in one place. You just enable the build
of the other spec file by creating the source link.