Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Metasploit and same type of packages
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:42:28 +0100
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 02:23:00PM +0100, Joop Boonen wrote:
Hello Adrian,

OK I won't upload it. It's a pitty that Germany doesn't allow sniff and
security test tools any more.

I hope the law will change.

There is a wide range of security test tools...

nmap, nessus, wireshark can be explained as debugging tools, they do
not actually intrude on systems.

Metasploit with its ready made intrusion exploits is definitely a
"hacker tool" under the new german law, so we cannot include it.

(Its installation is not hard though, so the expert/admin will have
not much trouble installing it himself from source.)

Ciao, Marcus