Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Minimal server
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:07:30 +0100
On Donnerstag 13 November 2008 20:16:48 Richard Bos wrote:
Hi,

Op Thursday 13 November 2008 19:20:11 schreef Jan-Simon Möller:
Please keep in mind: every duplicate package is wasting space and
cpu-cycles. If you just import packages, but have no patch or other
changes, use _aggregate. If there's no change, why it should get rebuilt
? (Thats what _link would do.)

Because of the confusing comment on the wiki
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#The_difference_between
__link_and__aggregate "Aggregate is possible, but slows down your build and
requires double space. Better build directly against the other repository."
I don't use aggregate.... Is the comment correct, about the slower builds
and double file space???? As the packages are already build, I would
expect that aggregated are not build at all.

Yes, it is correct. If you do not want to copy it than do not aggregate ;)
But just build against the other repository as suggested.