Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Metasploit and same type of packages
  • From: Sylvester Lykkehus <zly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:06:19 +0100
On 2008-11-09 11:20, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Freitag 07 November 2008 15:47:14 Joop Boonen wrote:
People of (open)SuSE/Novell @security,

I have a question. I would like to build a package for metasploit in the
buildservice.
As metasploit is controversial for for some people. As it's seen as a hack
tool, but it's also a tool tool demonstrate vulnerabilities and to do
exploit tests on code and security testing.

Important I'm NOT building the package for people to exploit systems that
they are not authorised to. I'm also against this.

I wonder if it's ok to build such a package in respect to legal issues and
openSuSE/Novell policy.

I do not know the tool, but your description sounds like it is illegal in germany according to the new laws from this year.

So I am sorry, please do not upload this to our servers (since Build Service is located in germany).

bye
adrian

I'm no legal expert, and my memory could fail me, but according to that law, isn't nmap and nessus illegal tools as well ?
I seem to remember it like that, but it could just as well be a myth.

/Sylvester