Re: [opensuse-buildservice] missing key and not found on keyserver
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:00:48 +0100
On Samstag 08 November 2008 13:36:27 Richard Bos wrote:
Pavol,

Op Saturday 08 November 2008 13:17:16 schreef Pavol Rusnak:
When I try another it works....  How com that the keys of the
buildserver are not found on the keyserver?  Should I use a different
keyserver?

No, it will not help. It is happening because no one uploaded the
mentioned key to GPG keyserver. I'm not sure if this should be done
automatically by OBS now, but I had to manually upload key for X11:xfce
repository to GPG keyserver(s) a year ago.

For now I use --no-verify to continue the build.  Looking forward to an
advice how to deal with this.

PS: I use one trick. I add repo that contains problematic key with
zypper and then I remove it immediately. This will add key to cache.

thanks, will do the same.

just as a notice, having the keys on the server is one thing.

The more important thing is that you need to import it into your local rpm key
ring manually. And this is by intention, because you need to decide to trust
the key.

Keep in mind that the build script (like used by "osc build") is not a secure
environment. Evil designed packages could break out, so it is not different to
use a package to build or to install it security wise.

However, the chroot setup should protect you from evil things which happens by
accident (not with a specical crafted attack inside).

bye
adrian