[opensuse-buildservice] Metasploit and same type of packages
  • From: "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:47:14 +0100 (CET)
People of (open)SuSE/Novell @security,

I have a question. I would like to build a package for metasploit in the
buildservice.
As metasploit is controversial for for some people. As it's seen as a hack
tool, but it's also a tool tool demonstrate vulnerabilities and to do
exploit tests on code and security testing.

Important I'm NOT building the package for people to exploit systems that
they are not authorised to. I'm also against this.

I wonder if it's ok to build such a package in respect to legal issues and
openSuSE/Novell policy.

Regards,

Joop.