Re: [opensuse-buildservice] rpmlint error /opt/.... is not allowed anymore in FHS 2.2
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:24:21 +0100
Richard Bos ha scritto:
Hi,

I get the following error message:
Wrote: /usr/src/packages/SRPMS/openims-1.0-0.src.rpm
Wrote: /usr/src/packages/RPMS/noarch/openims-1.0-0.noarch.rpm
... checking for files with abuild user/group
... running 00-check-install-rpms
... installing all built rpms
Preparing packages for installation...
openims-1.0-0
... running 01-check-debuginfo
... testing for empty debuginfo packages
... running 02-check-gcc-output
... testing for serious compiler warnings
(using /usr/lib/build/checks-data/check_gcc_output)
(using /var/tmp/build-root-openSUSE_Factory-i586/.build.log)
... running 03-check-binary-kernel-log
... running 04-check-filelist
... checking filelist
openims: "/opt/OpenIMSCore" is not allowed anymore in FHS 2.2.

As you can see the rpms is build fine, but rpmlint does not allow the build
finish completely... As those rpms are used to study the concept of the
communication platform IMS, I don't see upstream to change the install
location from /opt to an approved FHS location. In this case /opt is the
correct location.

This error is only generated in factory, Is there a way to prevent that
rpmlint complains about /opt? I checked the rpmlint rpm for the error
message, but I did not see a reference to the error message. Hence I do not
see a possibility to use for example a construction with addFilter.
Looking forward to an solution for this problem, if there is one!

sure.. add that line to spec file:

BuildRequires: -post-build-checks