Re: [opensuse-buildservice] chmod after unpacking
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:33:26 +0100
On Dienstag 04 November 2008 08:31:07 Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag 03 November 2008 22:33:05 Sascha Manns wrote:
Hello,

i had in my %setup:
%setup -q -n skrooge
%Patch1 -p1

Now i would chmod a file after unpack. The absolute PATH is:
/skrooge/po/listFiles.sh
Now must: chmod +x listFiles.sh.

How can i insert this in my spec? Which format?

In most cases, it is better not to do a chmod, but just to package the file
with different rights/ownership:

%attr(0755,-,-) /your_file

in the file list.

Sorry, you want to run the script during build ?

You can just run the chmod in %build section before. But I personally prefer
just to write "bash .../listFile.sh" in the spec file to select the right
interpreter.

bye
adrian