Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build question for packing precompiled binairies of a different platform
  • From: "Joop Boonen" <joop_boonen@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:04:09 +0100 (CET)
Joop Boonen wrote:
I'm trying to build a package from a binary:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain As it's a cross compilation for
the openmoko I get a log of error due to the |/usr/lib/rpm/brp-*
scripts. I'm wondering how to disable these checks.

There is a way. You can install own rpm handlers with an "rpm addon"
package. You can possibily accomplish that also with some controls
inside .spec file, but I dont know how.
By the way i only got openSuSE 11.0 build to work only by adding rpmlint
filter lines.

I'm wondering isn't there a way to just untar the package via rpmbuild
in
a way that's untouched by any of the tests?

That is basically what I want to accomplish. I want to able to install
the
package in /usr/local as is needed fore this build and have the
advantages
of rpm.

I hope my question is clear.

I've attached the errors I get. (The binaries are compiled for a arm
(OpenEmbedded) not a x86/ix86 as it's for cross build).

Are your packages .arm.rpm, oder do you talk about the cross-tool chain,
which is a <host>.rpm.

We have recently implemented cross-build support so you can use "real"
target binaries for arm on x86 hosts.

The problem is that there is a cross development tool compiled for ix86
and for x86_64.

So *.arm.rpm isn't an option is this case I think? I.e. I think it's a
i686.rpm and x86_64.rpm package.

See my post:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2008-10/msg00169.html
There is also a concept for cross-build:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment

An you can look for 4 blog entries about this issue on
http://lizards.opensuse.org/author/martinmohring

Cheers, Martin