[opensuse-buildservice] Automatic test for correct installation
  • From: Michael Behrisch <behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:42:44 +0100
Hello,
as far as I understand it, there is currently no test whether
a package build by the build service can also be installed
(if it is not used by other packages).

Maybe there already is such a test and I just did not
find the correct settings?
If not, one solution would be to create a dummy package
which has a BuildRequires line mentioning just the
package to test. In the build part it could try to execute
an exectuable of the package and report failures.
Is it possible to create a package consisting of a
spec only?
Is there an easier way to achieve this, because I would
need one extra package for every package I want to test?

Thanks for your help and for providing this service,
Michael