[opensuse-buildservice] Problems with files added by remote URI
  • From: Michael Behrisch <behrisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:44:17 +0200
Hello,
I tried to compile the fox1.4 package for ubuntu
and wanted to add the sources directly from the debian
server http://packages.debian.org/etch/libfox1.4
Unfortunately when adding the files by URL to my
obs package (like
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fox1.4/fox1.4_1.4.34.orig.tar.gz)
something went wrong, because the build process fails:

dpkg-source: error: file fox1.4_1.4.34.orig.tar.gz has md5sum
724e66b89b5451d5032165e03ff5228d instead of expected
3424b9d3f9b71e1f53e9c3822de3b76c

I checked this by downloading the file once from the debian site
and once from the obs and they have different checksums indeed.
The sizes are the same thus it is probably not a matter of
automatic gz extraction.
The diff.gz of the same package has the same problem, that's why I think
there might be something wrong with the remote upload.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Is there a known workaround besides down-/uploading?

Regards,
Michael