Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to create a package foropenSUSE:Factory
  • From: "Ray Wang" <rawang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:41:29 -0600
Hello Marcus,

I have 2 questions:
1) I want to branch a package, it prompt "branch target package
already exists",
does it mean some one own this branch? How do i contribute to
this package?

If you didn't create the branch on your own the target project has most
likely
defined a "develproject" (a project where the branches are created and the
development takes place). So you either ask to get permissions to this
develproject or you create the branch in your home project
(use "osc branch ... --nodevelproject).

regards to the latter you have mentioned above, does it mean I create a branch
against to that branch (a develproject or what else), then i submitreq to that
branch,
and that branch owner submitreq to openSUSE:Factory?

2) I found one package does not in openSUSE:Factory, so I'd like to add
it in and take charge of it, how do i create one branches for
openSUSE:Factory.

Yes, i have read http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration
but could not find any thing that could solve my problems.

What about my second question? :)

Thanks a lot
Ray