Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Making the build script solve package dependencies
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:20:42 +0200
On Thursday 09 October 2008 23:25:58 David Bolt wrote:
In a quest to make sure I don't have to repeatedly make a small change,
use osc to update the packages on the build service, and then wait for a
rebuild, I've been using the build script[0]. For most packages this
works well but on some of the perl packages I'm building, I'm having
problems where two or more packages satisfying dependencies and the
build script aborting because it can't choose one or the other.

The most common situation is where perl-libwww-perl and sitescooper both
provide several of the same dependencies, with sitescooper usually
having the older version. While the build service installs the package
perl-libwww-perl, the build script aborts with an expansion error
listing all the packages that satisfy the dependencies.

What I'd like to know is, short of adding a specific dependency for
perl-libwww-perl to the spec files, is there a way to make the build
script handle the dependencies just like the build service?

You should be able to use the project conf files as configs for the build
script as well.

Just check for the configs which are part of the build script.

You can get configs from obs via

osc meta prjconf openSUSE:11.0

for example. The feature of using "osc build" is to get always the latest
configs merged together and to use latest rpm package versions.

bye
adrian