Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Making the build script solve package dependencies
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 23:37:11 +0200
On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 10:25:58PM +0100, David Bolt wrote:
In a quest to make sure I don't have to repeatedly make a small change,
use osc to update the packages on the build service, and then wait for a
rebuild, I've been using the build script[0]. For most packages this
works well but on some of the perl packages I'm building, I'm having
problems where two or more packages satisfying dependencies and the
build script aborting because it can't choose one or the other.

The most common situation is where perl-libwww-perl and sitescooper both
provide several of the same dependencies, with sitescooper usually
having the older version. While the build service installs the package
perl-libwww-perl, the build script aborts with an expansion error
listing all the packages that satisfy the dependencies.

What I'd like to know is, short of adding a specific dependency for
perl-libwww-perl to the spec files, is there a way to make the build
script handle the dependencies just like the build service?

sitescooper should just not provide the stuff. There lies the fix :)

Ciao, Marcus