Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-buildservice (269 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why not just use SVN?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 11:17:53 +0200
  • Message-id: <20080927091753.GC3849@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Sep 26, Lars Marowsky-Brée wrote:

But it is pointless to discuss the current source handling, when all other
solutions do not even support the stuff where we have detail problems. We
would only loose and not gain anything, just lots of additonal work to add
lots of functionality on top of it what will cause for sure new problems.

Better fix the missing 1% instead of rewriting the other 99% ;)

That's easy enough to say after one has rewritten the remaining 90% of
an SCM already - as a mid- to long-term maintenance decision, that isn't
the best choice, and something which we should try and overcome.

Well, I totally agree with you in general (reuse existing code), but as
everything is already almost (90%?) done, it would be insane to start again,
wouldn't it?

Wouldn't that also mean, that there'll be a complete new API to access the
OBS?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger
< Previous Next >