Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to verify and fix broken links?
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:49:49 +0200
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 05:04:35PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
osc could for example checkout unexpanded, and check which changes have
been merged. And keep conflicting changes like svn does with the
conflicting changes in the files.

Well, link expansion happens on the server side... maybe it should be
possible to expand the link based on *that* revision of the target
package where the link still applied.

It would be possible, but what would be the benefit ?

osc would give you a working copy containing your changes.
You could then properly (easily) diff against a checkout of the target
directory, see what's going on and merge the changes.

That seems easier to me than juggling with reject files from failed
merges.

It would mean that you revert the changes from others when you submit again.

I think such a checkout would result in a working copy that is not up to
date - and thus can't be committed. So I don't see this danger.

What is needed is to fix your changes for the latest version what exists in
the package where the link is pointing to.

Since this can conflict, it is not possible to do non-interactive. So I
doubt it can be done on the server.

My idea is to just generate a directory of the last non-conflicting
stage. So there wouldn't be a conflict. The assumption is that the link
has applied at *some* point in the past.

What would also help is if the buildservice would give me *one* patch
instead of 10, because a single patch would be much easier and more
useful, than a (possibly long) series of stacked patches that
(sometimes) revert each other and so on. (Been there...)

Peter
--
Contact: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx (a.k.a. ftpadmin@xxxxxxxx)
#opensuse-mirrors on freenode.net