Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ignoring files in a osc checkout
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:43:23 +0200
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 05:29:07AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if there's any way to have some files ignored by osc in a
directory that is a project or package checkout.

Example:
$ osc co GNOME:Factory libwnck
[...]
$ cd GNOME:Factory/libwnck
$ touch ignore-this
$ osc status
? ignore-this

And I don't want to have ignore-this here. It's not that much about
appearing in 'osc status' than the fact that I don't want this file to
be commitable.

There's a hack which works with osc. If I create a plugin and do:
exclude_stuff.append('ignore-this')
then the file will be ignored.

However, this will only work with clients that are using the osc python
modules, and therefore it's not a perfect solution.

So, back to my question :-) Is there some local metadata that can be set
for this? If no at the moment, is this something that would be
desirable?

Vincent

Both a way to configure additional ignores via .oscrc, and a way to do
this via (local?) metadata per package would seem to be desirable to me.
Both don't exist at the moment. I'm not sure if only one of them or both
should be implemented.

Peter
--
Contact: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx (a.k.a. ftpadmin@xxxxxxxx)