[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:57:21 +0200

present: mls, dmueller, jcborn, tpatzig, adrian, poeml, lrupp

* Status round
* new Factory setup
* planing next tasks

Status round
============
mls:

Implemented automatic package creation based on product definition
OBS will create _product_* packages based on product definitions
in _product.
Packages with spec files, like the openSUSE-release package
gets build now automatically.
Working on building images and installation trees with KIWI
on the main server.

scheduler results gets dumped to disc per project now. We need
an api call to request them (for example for "what depends on this
package ?" questions).

jcborn:

* Bugfixing in kiwi for creating openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1 mastering
* Working on new release containing the fixes.

tpatzig:

* Improving special operator in starship, to automatically
subscribe to "all my packages", "all my projects" or "all my requests".

adrian:
* getting openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1 mastered.
Needed some debugging, package fixes and workarounds. But we succeeded :)
mls: sugessting to switch to a DSA key for factory and beta releases,
needs change in sign command.
* Prepared move of Factory to OBS. Public announcement is pending.

poeml:

* new osc release 0.108 !
* mirror handling work, new Build Service mirror in russia
* Reduced size of default Build Service mirror module by skipping
openSUSE 10.2 builds.

Discussion about skipping source and debugsource rpms for usual mirrors.

Discussions about missing osc functionality and how to point people to
existing extensions plugins.

abauer:

* Implement product definition handling in api.
* General bugfixing.

lrupp:

* Getting openSUSE and SLE beta 1 done.

Factory
=======

Discussion about the new factory setup for mirrors.
-> We need an own pushing mechanism for it.
-> setup details will get published on news.opensuse.org

Next Steps

Needed for openSUSE 11.1:
* Kiwi automatization
* osc local kiwi build