[opensuse-buildservice] Ignoring files in a osc checkout
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 05:29:07 +0200
Hi,

I wonder if there's any way to have some files ignored by osc in a
directory that is a project or package checkout.

Example:
$ osc co GNOME:Factory libwnck
[...]
$ cd GNOME:Factory/libwnck
$ touch ignore-this
$ osc status
? ignore-this

And I don't want to have ignore-this here. It's not that much about
appearing in 'osc status' than the fact that I don't want this file to
be commitable.

There's a hack which works with osc. If I create a plugin and do:
exclude_stuff.append('ignore-this')
then the file will be ignored.

However, this will only work with clients that are using the osc python
modules, and therefore it's not a perfect solution.

So, back to my question :-) Is there some local metadata that can be set
for this? If no at the moment, is this something that would be
desirable?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.