Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Howto: Build kernel modules with build service
  • From: "Ulf" <mopp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:03:42 +0200
Hi,

What are you heading for?
many management tools, like vmware tools or hp ilo driver have their own
modules. These module have to fit to the running kernel.
# modinfo hp_ilo.ko | grep vermagic
vermagic: 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-smp SMP gcc-4.1

My intention is to put the hp-ilo.spec file into the build service and get a
valid rpm for all kernel versions.
Or should I force the newer kernel to load an "older" module?

Regards,
Ulf
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger