Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Requiring a generic webserver
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 00:26:43 +0200
Hello,

on Montag, 1. September 2008, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
[hard-require mysql _or_ posgresql]
And, if (a) is selected, also have a sub-dependency to
perl-DBD-mysql. If (b) is selected, have a sub-dependency to
perl-DBD-Pg.

Is that doable with current RPM technology and/or
OpenSuseBuildService?

according to my knowledge, no, you cant.

You probably can, with some tricks ;-)

Method 1:
Create two patterns (yourpackage-mysql and yourpackage-posgresql) which
require the needed packages

Method 2:
Create subpackages yourpackage-mysql and yourpackage-postresql. Both
should provide yourpackage-database, which should be required in your
main package.
(The nice thing about this: you could put the config file in the
database specific package so that the correct database is
preconfigured.)

That said: I'm not sure if this is really worth the effort. Decide
yourself ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Linux wurde nur möglich, weil 20 Jahre Betriessystemforschung
sorgfältig studiert, analysiert, diskutiert und verworfen wurden.