Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Requiring a generic webserver
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 06:31:53 -0400
Andrés G. Aragoneses escribió:

my RPM
will be in charge of creating the initial database.

huh, good luck with that :)

And that is less
doable for the "DB in other host" approach because it would require
asking some questions to the user 'a-la wizard' in the moment of RPM
installation, and IIRC this is not supported, right?

Right.

(The only system
I've seen that asks you configuration questions when installing packages
is apt-get.)

do you mean debconf right ?

But, as I've explained my targets above, my ideal RPM would consist of
one that obligues you to install one of these packages as a strong
dependency:

a) mysql
b) posgresql

And, if (a) is selected, also have a sub-dependency to perl-DBD-mysql.
If (b) is selected, have a sub-dependency to perl-DBD-Pg.

Is that doable with current RPM technology and/or OpenSuseBuildService?

according to my knowledge, no, you cant.

--
"A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
mercy. "

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH